Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, November 29, 2010

I thought I could do it.....but I just can't.




I thought I could walk away..and just be happy visiting with all of you at your places.  I cannot tell you how many times I saw something, and thought about "the girls" or the blog, and wanted to share. This morning, the clouds were beautiful, they were feathery like angel wings, and my immediate thought was to take a picture, and didn't have a camera, to share with you they were so pretty..and then it hit me...I have closed you all out.
How sad for me.

 I popped around at your posts and felt like a stranger peeping in through windows. My husband told me that I shouldn't have closed the blog down....he was right like always. But when you really think something is the right thing to do, don't you do it?  I miss you all...and I just can't stay away..so even if I don't have anything to post about, we are still connected, it's ok isn't it?   Just like any relationship, sometimes one feels like talking and the other doesn't, we uplift the other in those times don't we?  I failed at that. I am sorry.

I hope that you will find forgiveness, and allow me back into your very special places again.

15 comments:

glor said...

Yipppeeeee!!! I'm so glad you are back. Don't be sorry, and its so ok!!!! You made my day.

Faith said...

Yipppeeee is right! I'm glad too, I missed you all so much...you had no idea....:)

Cindy said...

Prayer works!! I ask God to help you..and then I ask Him to make you miss us! lol

I am so glad you are back "home" we need you and I missed my Faith!!

Hugs and lovin..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Crochet Princess Beth said...

What a really big smile on my face and in my heart to pop onto my blog and see you back! I'm so glad you are back! I missed you on your short "break"!!! Hugs and love to you - I think of you often and pray for you all everyday! (happy dance here - my friend is back!!!!!!!!!)

MamaLezlie said...

I've been so busy and behind I didn't even realize you'd gone. I think we put ourselves under too much pressure. We just need to share when we can and relax when we can't. Glad you are back!

Doris Sturm said...

It's not easy, I've tried. I was wondering how long you would last, but don't feel bad, it has happened to a lot of folks - this blogging and sharing thing gets to be addictive after a while LOL

Glad you're back!

pattas said...

Yessss ......... I am so pleased you are back.... I missed you and your blog.. no need to say "sorry".. You're among friends...

TypsTatting said...

So glad that you are back I really enjoy visiting your blog!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel!!! Put the coffee on!! I'm bringing the pumpkin pie!!! So glad to see that porch light back on for your friends to come and see you! ((big hugs!)) ~Lucy

Faith said...

Oh my dear,dear friends....you are so amazing. C'mon over, Lucy is bringing the pie, I'll put on the coffee or tea and we'll have a little get together. The prayer worked Cindy..I did miss you all.
I am so touched by all of you...
thank you...

Clara said...

It's like coming home again isn't it? So glad you are back!

Linda said...

Glad you decided to keep blogging- it really is nice to visit and share with blog friends!

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Exactly. And yay! I'm happy too!! Course I'm busy on the food blog, but you see how I post on my "fun" blog. If it weren't for the food blog being so busy, I'm sure I'd post more, and trust me, I've thought of shutting that one down myself, but I think on it and change my mind! I keep it open just to have it there, so when I do want to share something, I have it - whether I'm talking to myself or not!! :)

Glad you're back!

Gina said...

I'm fairly new to your blog but had added it to my bloglist to explore later & keep with the new stuff. Missed your ending over the holidays so I'm glad you're back. I have always said, I write for myself. If you let the pressures of an "audience" dictate your writing, it's not fun anymore. Have fun with this! Enjoy it! We will too. :-)

Faith said...

Gina, thanks for joinin in the hug...I'm glad you missed all the hullabaloo...and I'm glad that I did the right thing, cause I missed you all so much...thanks for stopping in, and glad you visited today.