Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some progress being made on the Construction of the GB house..and....Vintage Santa Claus Crochet

Making som progress on the house, the roof, sides and front now need to be assembled, and I need to fashion up a chimney too.. This is where my DH comes in box cutters and measurement....I am thankful.  To the left the Santa Claus I made my youngest a few years ago..I had made a post about the pattern..it is vintage. He needs a little plumbed up, and buckle for the belt..and you can buy this pattern at the link, or get it free, but it doesn't have the pattern for the pants, I made my own.  A trip today with dear MIL to Joann's...I need some read crochet thread, and will look at some fabric to make some curtains for my son's room. We'll see what we got, when we get there. Enjoy your day...
Blessings 
Faith

9 comments:

Teen2 said...

Hi Faith, such a lovely santa... I do love your blog, it is so pretty.. :))

Cindy said...

Looking food Faith..that is way more than I could ever do!! You are very talented.

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Pamela said...

Can't wait to see the house assembled. The santa is amazing. I crochet, too...but mostly with thread.

Faith said...

she's coming along...today maybe we cut out thehouse form, and I can begin the assembly...yee haaaaaa

Faith said...

teem2, thank you for popping in, I am glad to meet you, I am glad you like it here...come back anytime, I will pop over to your place....for a cuppa and short visit....today.

glor said...

The house is going to be adorable ... the roof looks perfect. Almost looks like the real thing. I'm looking forward to making one but it may be a project for next year. Have a wonderful day.

Faith said...

Hi Pamela, thank you stopping by to visit with me..we are going to begin assembly soon, and then I get to make the ornaments. I don;t know if it will be done by Christmas, that is ok..I'll doit the right way, and it will be just the way I want for next year...I do thread too...I go back and forth...I'll stop over and visit with you.

Thanks Glor...hopefully we will have her upright soon..

Sandy said...

As always I can tell you're busy busy busy. Creating up a storm of wonderful goodies. Making the GBhouse sounds very involved and time consuming. I'm afraid I don't have that and admire you.

Hope you hit some good sales at JoAnn.

Making my rounds today from Sandy's Space to see what folks are up to.

Sandy

MamaLezlie said...

I love seeing all the ways my online friends are making their house a home. You are no exception!