Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Can you hear the sounds of the picture?


I am hearing....the land makes when it is mufled in a blanket of snow, everything below all tucked in and resting, even nature rests.  In preparation for bursting with bountiful colors of the rainbow.. The Pine...always constant and beautiful,
a shelter for the wildlife above on her branches and below. The wind how is makes that whistle sound as it travels through the branches of the now barren trees. And the beautiful colorful Cardinals in stark contrast to the dark blue sky and white blanket of snow. And the chill  of the fresh winter air, refreshing and invigorating, the crunching of the snow beneath my feet. The all around quiet stillness that is
Nature. 


3 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Lovely photo - brings back memories of silent walks in the snow with only the sound of my own food steps crunching in the snow...and absolutely nothing else! (what a great noise buffer the snow makes!)

crochet lady said...

A lovely description Faith.

Thanks for you comments on my last post. I have tried Etsy for about six months but never sold anything and I didn't renew the things I had on there. I was discouraged about that because I had heard such great things about Etsy, but I think there is just too much jewelry to choose from on there.

I will check out the link you sent me. That sounds like a great spot to highlight your work.

glor said...

I know exactely the sounds that you speak of. I love the hush of a new fallen snow. Its like a lullaby.