Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It is the Reason for the Season

These are not our lights...but if I could I would have something like this. These folks bless us every year with this display..it is my favorite. There is of course a manger in which Mary,Joseph, and Babe are in, it just doesn't show up well. The top where the star is their house peak,and the lights run all the way down to the ground. So pretty....the figures are of a good size, are lit up also. We have lived here for 15 years, and this is put up each and every year by these lovely people...I look forward to it every year....

5 comments:

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Very nice! I love Christmas decorations. I just don't care for all the work that goes with them at my age anymore!! So I'll just enjoy everybody else's I guess LOL. Have a great Sunday Faith.

glor said...

I can't imagine how beautiful this is in person. I wonder if these people realize the tradition that they have made for others. These are the things that touch the heart at Christmas. Have a wonderful day.

Cindy said...

Faith I clicked it on..and I still can't see it very well..but what a great blessing to have in the neighborhood. I miss our yard nativity set this year. We sold all that outdoor stuff last year when we were moving.I wished I had kept up with who bought it to see their yard this year!!When you drive by think of me..I love nativity scenes!!

Hugs Cindy

Faith said...

Mary, me too.but alot of work, it is one of those things which is fun to put up but to take it down
:( a whole different story, especially in Ohio, are brutal weather is on the way.
Glor, I make a b line for this every year,and go that way on purpose just to see it. It is simple, but speaks volumes
Cindy, I wanted for years to get a yard nativity..but things have been stolen from the yard.I don't put out anything anymore. how sad.
I'm glad others do, it is sucha joy.

Clara said...

It really is pretty Faith!