Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's the Holiday Season...and a little nostalgia from back in the day..

More fitting to what is going on in my neighbord today.  When you were a little girl, did you ever have one of those hand wamers, I believe they were called Muffs? I had one I remember it well, all white like bunny fur,not fake fur and it 2 red cherries on it for decoration, I can still remember how good it felt to put my little hands inside, so soft. Back in the day, when we dressed like little ladies. Remember the Christams dresses? Always something red, white and velvit, the little white ankle socks, and the ever so shiny black patent leather shoes, which made noise when you walked in them

click,click,click...so stylish. Whatever you do today, and whatever your weather outlook bleak or sunny...enjoy your day....

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Faith remember my story recently on the tree skirt that was my skirt when I was little..well that same year we received ear muffs and hadn muffs..all made out of white fuzzy cashmere. they weren't white long..lol

We were always decked out in our finest. I use to do my girls that way also..but no one on his side did it..and the girls begged to dress down..so I gave in. Now they dress their little girls up..lol

Hugs and stay warm..Cindy

Sharon Marie said...

I had one too! Mine was white fur (I think rabbit) and it had red silk roses. Had a hat to match that was almost like an extra wide headband. I used them to dress up for church during the winter. At first I thought we had the same muff until you said cherries. :)

Doris Sturm said...

I loved my muff that I used in Germany. It's still quite popular over there. Mine was a silver Chinchilla, I know, poor little critters, but my boyfriend bought it for me when I was only 16 and I was so overjoyed, I didn't stop to think things through, because now I would not want real fur anymore. But, times change and so do people...it's nice to remember, though, and it did keep me very, very warm ;-)
I should crochet one in white specialty yarn. Thanks for the idea! :-)

Faith said...

I loved hearing your remembering about the muffs. Sharon Marie, I had the head band too..I wonder if it were roses or cherries on mine? They were red I remember that, maybe they were roses. way long time ago....what a nice memory we all shared, and Doris in Germany too had one. I think the crochet one is a lovely idea Doris...they may make a comeback, what is old is new to someone else.Oh we always dressed up for Christmas. I don't anymore..but as a little girl decked out with my shiny black patten leathers....click clic clic....

glor said...

I have to look and see if I can find the picture, I was probably about 3 or so and the muff you mentioned sounds like the one I had. And as far as patent leather shoes, I can remember them well in grade school. It was nice dressing up for school and church, something thats not done too much anymore. Too bad. Have a blessed evening.

Sharon Marie said...

What wonderful memories! The holidays were so magical back then and everyone dressed up for them. Times they are a changing and some changes are for the good and others not so good. Guess it's up to us to help make the memories for the youngsters in our families. :)