Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A little vintage Rudolph..We need a little Christmas...right this very minute....

This little fella is no doubt from the 50's, it belonged to my MIL, and she gave it to us,when our first son was just a babe. Rudolph is in excellent shape, and has been taken care of very well.  He is so 50's..
love it...the table cloth we got from the neighbor's garage sale last summer, it was going to be thrown away,
it is vinyl, and the Santa's have an older version..so I think this is an older table cloth..do they make the
vinyl with the felt backing anymore? So I scooped it up, I asked to her to hold it for me until her
sale was done. I may have to take a better picture of it so you can see. 

3 comments:

glor said...

Oh he is so cute. Such great things did the 50's produce (I was born in 50 ... lol)...hmmm, maybe you too! See what I mean! Don't you just love the age and love of things that have some years on them. He is so perfect. I love to hold them sometimes and and wonder at who first held them. Older things always seem to touch me. The cloth is adorable. Glad you saved it! Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings.

crochet lady said...

Great vintage finds. I particularly like vintage table cloths. Rudolph is cute.

Faith said...

Glor, I'm a 50's gal too '57. Such a simple time, and things were made her in America. That little Rudolph has been under my MIL for 40 years..he looks pretty go no?
Crochet Lady, thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your calling card..I enjoy new visitors and will stop over your place. The tablecloth was a special find.when you are not looking for it, don't you always find the treasure?