Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, December 6, 2010

My very own Deer....

I have named them Isabelle (mom) and Tobey the baby, the names just came to me. We saw these last year on our annual trip to the Christmas place I blogged about earlier last week. I fell in love with this. We left the store without them. We had to turn around and go back. I knew I would never find another one. It was the last one..you know the rule...if you wait and go back you lose out. I just knew I would never see them again. We went this year there were 3 sets of them.. And oh this year they had the Buck, he was gorgeous, and if I had the fireplace and $100.00 he would have came home with me too. Maybe next year..We are
asking Santa for a job.the beautiful reindeer will have to wait..
And that's my Isabelle and Tobey story...I love them they stay out all year. I would love to have a yard,
the deer would be welcome...for now these two do just fine.   

7 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Love your deer, and what a beautiful photo of them too! (I'm dreaming of a new camera!)... Love how you have them nestled in the pines! ~Lucy

Faith said...

Lucy...how wondaful to have you stop by ol Ethyl's place....trying to get in the holiday spirit..job or no Christmas comes and it's Jesus birthday..so we celebrate...
I love the natural pine cuttings, they smell so nice, like Christmas.since our tree is artificial.

Gina said...

Lovely scene with the deer! I have plenty of real deer outside but they don't reveal themselves too often.

Was just looking at that grany ripple afghan. It's so pretty!

Faith said...

I am ever so jealous...it would be fun to sit and watch for them..I am always looking for real ones. They are around, we have woods nearby, and they wander into the neighborhoods, poor things looking for food..the granny ripple so fun to make, and once you get past the 1st row it just flows. It's one of the mindless just move the hook and the pattern repeats and repeats...

glor said...

I love Isabelle and Tobey ... they are precious.

pattas said...

How beauriful... I am so happy you now have Tobey and Isabelle,they fit in so perfectly in your home:))
There are introduced deer in our mountains (BenLomond) but seem to disappear around Christmas. Good thinking :))

Faith said...

thank you ladies, they blend in here in our country in the wintertime, blend in with the trees trunks, no leaves now, no place to hide.but it is difficult to see them, I look for themall the time.