Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Simple Woman Daybook Entry

FOR TODAY
If you would like to participate...look for the this picture on my side bar, it will take you directly to Peggy's
place...The Simple Woman.

Outside my window...As I write, I look out, not a pretty snow globe today...but rather a blustery
gray day and still snowing wildly.

I am thinking  I need a cuppa....and that I am thankful we don't have to venture out today, they closed the schools, with the snow and wind chill factor to cold.

I am thankful for  for the job which is on it's way to my husband...We are hopeful, and diligent in our search.

From the kitchen...Getting ready to make a cuppa, in a brand new lovely Christmas mug which I got from a dear friend for Christmas....who I met through blogland... Blessings Abound. My DH is doing the honors this morning for breakfast..

I am wearing...oh, whenever I am home it is always my soft comfy's they aren't pretty or fashionable,but they sure are comfy.

I am creating.... I am working on little book  which I started last year for my son Jacob. I would like to get that finished up and sent out.  With the hook and yarn..maybe placemats will be started today...

I am going...nowhere if I can help it..the weather outside is predicted to be frightful. I have a dog, but he is not a sled dog.

I am reading...Simple Abundance (see sidebar shelf), each day you read one page. Spoken from the heart by Laura Bush, I just started it.

I am hoping...soon, employment...very very soon for my husbnad...

I am hearing...the boys in the other room watching tv and laughing.

Around the house...moving about smartly catching up with myself after working for 3 days. The kids are home maybe cookies....

One of my favorite things...In the wintertime, when it snows and blankets everything, there is a stillness,
a calm and silence. All noises are muffled by the white blanket.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week  Cookie baking..Butter balls. I already made the nut rolls,and they are in the freezer. Maybe some Angel wings..
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Drawn by my son..a few years ago. We are at the beach

7 comments:

glor said...

Such warming thoughts. Hopefully later tonight I will have time to check out Peggy's place, sounds like a place I'd like to visit. Have a wonderful day.

Beansieleigh said...

Good morning Ethel! Loved reading your post, and may have to try a simple daybook entry myself sometime... My son did NOT get the day off. (Even though we homeschool, we still stay connected with the school, and it's school calendar) It's very blustery with flurries blowing all over the place for days now, but still we have no accumulation.. just a very fine, hardly-there, dusting. The temperatures have dropped rather suddenly. I went out one morning it was ok, I went out that afternoon, and I don't know WHAT happened! IT was FREEZING! I hear the high will reach only about 20 today, and it sounds like a good day for baking! Glad you have the day off from work AND school! Stay in, Stay warm, and Enjoy it! ~Lucy

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Faith, this was a nice post. We are having a gray and dreary day here because of a dust storm that rolled in yesterday. Yuck! Would have been a perfect day for comfy clothes all day around here but we had school. Only two more days and then we have winter break for two weeks. Can't wait! Best wishes, Tammy

Mary said...

Hiya Faith :)
I read Laura Bush's book recently. I didn't know your DH was looking for work. I prayed for him and will make a note to keep praying for him.
Sounds like you're having a wonderful day.
Hugz, Mary

Faith said...

Hi Mary, oh yes 1 1/2 years...he did find seasonal work during the summer at our local zoo..and they will call him back in the spring. We have so many job applications out...bless your heart for keeping him in your prayers. We appreciate that. and are waiting in anticipating...at the right time, right place..things happen...

Faith said...

I am just getting into the good part of the book, where she will begin to meet GW...she is a very classy lady and was a wonderful classy first lady. Who knows where we may end up...God does of course...we are even willing to relocate..Ohio is not optimum for jobs..it would appear to me to be more of a white collar market here..we are most definately blue collar. My husband was in aerospace manufacturing for 21 year at the same place. Looking for the silver lining...it is there...

Tammy N said...

Hello Faith!

It sounds as if you are having the exact same weather as us. I have not been outside the house since this past Saturday...LoL!

I pray your Hubby and all the other un-employed people in America get a job real soon!

Stay warm & toasty!♥