Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY  December 9, 2010

I am a few days late with this. But have rejoined with our hostess Miss Peggy, and felt compelled to write tonight, as it is a most special day.

Outside my window...It is evening, and fallen snow outside is casting a lovely blue light topped with a sprinkle of lights.

I am thinking...I ponder, 15 years ago this night, I was holding my firstborn..all chubby cheek and pink, filled with a joy which I have never ever known.  All 9.5 lbs beautiful cherub. Now looking me in the eye and showing signs of beard and mustache...where does time go?

I am thankful for...good memories, and happy moments, few and precious.

From the kitchen...today, I made my birthday boy his favorite cheese cake, in fact it was a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake..he was grinning from ear to ear.

I am wearing...my ever so soft comfy's

I am creating...I am resting, taking a pause from the creating at the moment.

I am going...nowhere..I am comfortable where I am and have no need to be anywhere.

I am reading...have a book ordered from the library..Jane Seymour wrote it, it is about Angels. I am on a waiting list for it.
I am hoping...that soon, employment finds our home again for my husband.

I am hearing...just the whirrr of the computer

Around the house...tree lights are twinkling, and a holly berry candle is burning it smells like Christmas

One of my favorite things...flicering candles on the mantle. 
A few plans for the rest of the week:  cookie baking & wrapping
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...The Christmas Rose

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Faith..in reading this is was very calming. You sound so calm..me I seem to be bouncing off the walls all the time. No wonder your can do handwork..lol..I would have it in knots..lol

I will be praying for your husband and a job!!

hugs Cindy

Clara said...

So nice Faith.

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

I always love reading these. For some reason they always bring me peace!

Beansieleigh said...

Good Morning Ethel! Do you have the coffee on, for this frightfully cold December morning?.. First let me say, as I catch up here, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the BEAUTIFUL crochet Gingerbread House you're working on!! I can hardly wait to see how it progresses!!.. So CUTE!!!! Happy Birthday and best wishes to your boy! It's MY birthday TODAY (12/10) too! I think the game plan is that Dear Daughter ("Little Lucy"??)and her beau are taking me and Dear Son ("Little Rickie"??.. who is ALSO showing signs of whiskers! I'm wondering if Santa may need to bring him a shaver!!) to dinner tonight!.. but I plan on baking myself a cake during the day.. a new recipe that really sounded YUMMY, so we'll see how that comes out! If it's good, I'll post it and say so! Your son's cheesecake sounds really good too! I LOVE cheesecake!!... When you get your new book about angels, by J.S., I would really like to hear more about it, and maybe read it too sometime!.. Best of luck to Fred with job hunting. I know how tough times can be, and you just hang in there, my friend, and enjoy this wonderful Christmas Season with a happy heart!! ((hugs)) ~Lucy

Faith said...

Oh ladies, such a joy to wake up and you have all visited and left your calling cards...how joyful!
Mary..I like doing this it is calming..I'm glad Peggy came up with it. It feels good doing this again.
Lucy-Happy Birthday girl....have fun with your family tonight..and thank you for the words of encouragement and seasons greeting.
Clara & Cindy-ma dears thank you..oh heck Cindy...you would not believe how not calm things are in
my real world...I could go on on and on..but this is why we blog...this is my quiet space...I
will let you all know about the book...Jane Seymour( Angels)..Isn't she just a beauty?
and in Somewhere in time with Christopher Reeves...I get the goosbumps....wish I could.....go
back in time...you'd better believe I would'nt have any recent coims with me. I'm stayin....hee hee..

glor said...

Ohh, Happy Birthday to your "baby" boy. They are truly miracles, forever. What a beautiful post, you have such a gift with the written word, its brings calm and peace. Thank you for this. Blessings to you my friend.

Faith said...

Thank you Glor. It is fun doing the post for the daybook. You got the link I sent you didn't you? Thank you for the compliement.