Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, January 28, 2011

The promise of the Rainbow...good use for scrap yarn...

image from sparklepetal
I was visiting a blog which I just found and frequent....daily...I have included a portion of her post..... 

 the excerpt  is from her blog....I thought you all might be interested in making some rainbows.....to help...
aka  Crochet Blogger...
please stop by and read at your leisure....the rest of the article...

Sarah London has launched a cool crochet project called Crochet a Rainbow. She’s requesting colorful granny squares to be donated to her. She will add a joining seam and turn these squares into pretty blankets. She will them deliver these blankets to the people in Australia who have been affected by terrible flooding.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is a beautiful rainbow...so vibrant. And what a great idea!! I wished I had learned how to do this!!:-(

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

crochet lady said...

Cute. It's so fun to get inspiration from other crochet friends.

CrochetBlogger said...

Thanks again for sharing on your blog. I think this is a really great project!

glor said...

Ahh, the rainbow. Its most profound. Will have to share a rainbow story with you. Blessings.

Faith said...

Your are more than welcome,,,it is a great scrap yarn detail for a worthy project.

Glore by all means...do share the rainbow story..is it for "TD"?