Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, January 20, 2011

There is always time for Crochet

A crochet clock I made  last summer, I think I need to repaint the hands off white, I think they will show up better don't  you? At the moment, I cannot recall where I recieved this marvelous idea. The doily though is a vintage pattern I believe 1951 named the gift doily.
AND..
.speaking of doilies..visit with Gloria http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/
She is hosting a CAL for a beauty of a doily The Rising Sun...never to late to start she posts a few lines of the pattern at a time...so anytime is time for Crochet.

3 comments:

glor said...

This is an all "time" beauty. Thanks for the mention! Have a super day, blessings.

LindaCrochets said...

The doily clock is a wonderful idea and the "gift doily" is ideal for it. I've made that doily several times in Christmas colors.
Love it!

crochet lady said...

I never thought of using a doily as a clock...what a great idea!