Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Vintage Lamp & Shade

This is one in a pair of these lamps that I have.  It is so '50's, and belonged to my parents. I bring it out from time to time to change things up a bit. The lamp shade was a find at Goodwill for $2.00. I believe the shade is old also, althought I cannot be sure. I love cabbage roses, and the colors are a perfect fit in my living room.
I thought it would be a good fit. I didn't pick it up the first time I saw it, rule #1 buy it when you see it. I went back a day or two later and I was happy to see nobody purchased it, the fact that it was on a rather ugly lamp helped.

3 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

I love those cabbage roses too - it's a very sweet design!

Clara said...

I love this little lamp. I really like lamps and even have a tiny one on my kitchen counter for the nighttime when I don't need a huge overhead light on. I find them very enchanting.

glor said...

I love this lamp. So pretty, has to bring joy and cozy to the room. I love lamps and changing from time to time. I have little ones for my kitchen, adds a whole new feeling each time I change them.