Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love them Potholders..and this one is no exception..Crochet thread frenzy...


size 8 1/2 x 6" approximately.
I am thinking that I might try scaling down the pattern to make small cottages
for the craft fair in the fall. to use as refrigerator magnets. This one adorns my refrigerator and will never ever see the bottom of a pan..It is for pretty...not function...LOL
Here is t he link for the Potholder to get the pattern from Bella Crochet  It is listed in the Grandma's hot pads and potholders...beautiful...
Credit where Credit is due:

11 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

Very pretty potholder Faith. I would have a hard time using it too. I made some very plain square potholders for everyday use because I can be a messy cook. :)

TypsTatting said...

I just love anything to do with cottages and that is one sweet cottage! I reckon they would make lovely fridge magnets as well!

glor said...

Faith, how pretty! The fridgies will be adorable. This is good planning now for a craft fair. Maybe a pillow? Have a wonderful day.

Faith said...

Sharon Marie, thank you for leaving a comment & stopping by..this PH is on my fridge decoration only...I have old raggedy potholders from the store to do the dirty hard work he hee,
for I'm a messy cook too...:)
Hi Tammy, working on the little one now..we'll see how it turns out.
Gloria,I have a bunch of stuff already began for the CF that I started before Christmas..I must take inventory.

CrochetBlogger said...

Wow - so detailed!

pattas said...

Cottages have that warm feeling about them and your potholder gives that feeling.:))
Have you made a collage of your crochet to frame.? Just as you would a photo..
It can make a great gift if not to large.
I have done this with my quilting squares , and is a talking point with visitors..
have a great day Faith :))

Doris Sturm said...

This looks so dainty - the colors remind me of Easter. Nicely done!

Faith said...

thank you ladies...i'll give that collage a try.

TurtleDoveCoo said...

Your potholders are simply elegant! I miss being able to work with thread so much, but I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with lusting after beauties like yours!

Joanne said...

I love these potholders! They are too pretty to use...I would frame them! Blessings, Joanne

Clara said...

I love this...so quaint!