Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Vintage Thread Crochet Doily...in a Valentines Day Theme...

This was the first doily I ever made, way back in 1976. I made it for my mom, it has reverted back tome.
You can see the 12 hearts around can't you, and the 6 in the middle? It is a large doily, I'm going to guess and say 12-14" accross.
I was not even out of my teens when I made this..so it is as Vintage as I am...hee hee....
Enjoy your day,
May the sun shine on you today and fill your basket with blessings.


7 comments:

TypsTatting said...

That is a lovely doily and I am sure it is treasured as well!

glor said...

Oh my goodness ... this is such a beauty! And so young when you made this, what a treasure. Have a blessed day.

Doris Sturm said...

Lovely doily. The first thing that popped into my mind was the "star" design and I didn't see the hearts till you mentioned them. Very lovely!

Cindy said...

Faith that is awesome..you are soooo talented!!I love it.I bet when you frame all these you would have the cutest wall ever!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

CrochetBlogger said...

I think it's great that you've got the first doily you crocheted! Things like that so often get lost or passed on over the years.

Faith said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by...it has increased not only in age, but in sentimental value as well..I hope it will be passed on and treasured.

Heather said...

Your doily is beautiful, I hope you've had a basketful of blessings today as well. Heather