Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, February 25, 2011

Were having a blizzard, we also had lightning and thunder....


Yesterday, I heard the ever so sweet song of the Robin Red Breast, Spring is near. 

8 comments:

TurtleDoveCoo said...

Now I wonder if your robin came from one of the flocks that passed through here this last week. We were amazed at the huge flocks that seemed to stop by in our yard. I tried to get pictures but when ever I opened the sliding screen door onto our patio, they would all take off as one, and photo's shot through the screen show mostly the screening, not the birds. I'm praying the snow isn't too much, and that you see lots of new green soon!

Faith said...

I have heard that they go away..after a while you just don't hear them. Some people say some stay..but I don't hear them all winter..until yesterday 1 lonely little robin..such a sweet sound. I hope he ran for cover...brrr....snow,lightning,wind and thunder.

glor said...

A robin and blizzard, now that's a mighty fine pair. One winter a few years ago our robins stayed. First time I ever saw them in the cold months but I guess thats really not unusal. I always thought that they were a sign of spring. We are so, so ready for spring this year. Lightening with the blizzard, thats a little weird! Have a wonderful day full of blessings.

Sunny simple life said...

Wow some crazy weather for you. We are having some cold weather here for us (So. Calif.) snow levels very low for our area. It should be beautiful.
Love the afghan in your header picture! Lovely

TurtleDoveCoo said...

I forgot to mention that I love the new banner! And I want to make some thread dress potholders like yours! Now if I could only find the patterns....

Doris Sturm said...

Gosh! Spring has sprung here full-force...this morning the birds woke me up at 4:30 am (before it was even light out) with their singing - I love it! The trees are blooming and full of bees and the daffys and hyacinths are blooming - my lettuce seeds have sprouted - I can't believe it!

Deborah Jean said...

Hello Faith!
The robins have made their way back to our little corner of the world too! Spring is on the way!
Happy day today!
Deb

Faith said...

Wow is it 'SPRINGING" up all over the fruited plian...Glorious...Doris's garden is already producing...and byacinths oh the fragrane there...Reports of Robins, and oh the lovliness of it all....

Thank you ladies...