Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crochet potholder in progress & I'd like to introduce you to a new neighbor...

I am beginning another potholder...this will be a
Rose Granny Square Potholder...this pattern was shared with me by a new friend and neighbor who shares my love of crochet and the vintage potholders....please stop by her place, say hi and look around she does beautiful work..and has a knack for beauty & grace....


the pattern is from
how did I miss this one....thank you Mary....

This is a very pretty potholder....I always like the look with the roses....so vintage....
remember the lilac triangle....it is coming along...and you guress right...
it is not a bikini...hee hee...it is a shawl...I do just a few rows to complete the pattern each day...I'll post about it when it is completed.....

Have a beauty.....!

5 comments:

creative kate said...

Hi Faith,

I can't wait to see how this potholder turns out :)
Kate

Ann Nichols said...

Oh how pretty! Do you know I still use pot holders like this that my grandmother made 40 years ago!!
Such a lovely site!
Blessings!
Ann

glor said...

Thanks for the introduction to your new neighbor, just stopped by to visit. Love, love, love the potholder. I think I can see some of them in my future. Actually there may be some kind of blanket made from them! Have a wonderful, blessed day.

Mary said...

Faith, how kind of you...thank you! That is blue right? I am working on a blue potholder now. The flower petals are yellow. I was at a friend's wedding and the colors were periwinkle blue and yellow and they were beautiful together. I will post a pic when it is finished. Yes, that is the back of the potholder. Funny, how the directions begin with the back, don't you think? I did my front first though and always do. The back is a little boring. What color will the flower petals be? You asked what that oval frame was in one of my pics~it is the bottom of a mirror. It is a long oval mirror. I love oval frames, mirrors, etc... Wishing you a beautiful day filled with love, sunshine and laughter.

CrochetBlogger said...

Nice pattern. And thanks for updating us that you're making a shawl not a bikini bottom. :)