Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Doily Ghan revisited....

I'm happy with this so far, it measures 15", I have about
16 more rows to do. It is a very quick moving project. From
doily to ghan, who would have thought it..Well, not me.

Enjoying

7 comments:

TypsTatting said...

It's turning out quite lovely and I love the colour that you have used!

glor said...

Coming along very nicely. Love the blue. Mine has taken a back seat for the moment. Will get back to shortly. Its a great pattern, isn't it? Have a wonderful day, blessings.

Beansieleigh said...

It's going to be beautiful Ethel!.. Funny, I have heard of doily rugs too, but I know I could never bring myself to do them. It was a big step for me to grasp the concept of crocheting a pretty dishcloth, then actually WASHING DIRTY DISHES WITH IT! I love them now and won't use anything else... But a RUG? No way! That's just too much work and materials to have everybody stomping all over it!... Can't wait to see your doily 'ghan when it's done! ~Lucy

Mary said...

Looks really pretty. This doily~ghan goes so fast, amazing! My dress ph is coming along. I need to take a pic and post it. Hopefully today. Hope you have a great day. Blogger ate my first comment. Hope this one makes it.

Sarah said...

Very beautiful and I love the blue color.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Raw milk is such a good thing and it gets back to supporting our local farms. I searched Ohio and found quite a few farms in that state. I hope one of them is close to you. If you purchase from a local farm I would love for you to come back and let me know!

Stitchy McFloss said...

What a lovely color! I love the doily-ghan. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Blessings always :)

CrochetBlogger said...

Congrats - looks great!