Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, March 18, 2011

Farmgirl Friday Blog hop #1...read on to find on where.....

Crochet thread Granny Rose Potholder

Good Beautiful Morning to you all.....
Deborah Jean is having a blog hop, you're all welcome....

You don't even have to be a farm girl....you know I am a "wanna be a country gal", and I'm playing along....how could I not.?

It is all about the simple, creative, homemakin things we do each and every day....do you? make your own soap, bread or candles?
Do you move the hook, or needle and thread...?
This is right up my alley.....and I do love
MJF..(Mary Janes Farm) 
have you ever picked up a copy of this lovely?

here is an excerpt from Deborah Jeans invite....we all do some of these things, c'mon it'll be fun.....

Farmgirls love anything to do with making things with their hands, keeping chicken's, embroidering, sewing, knitting, spinning, quilting, natural home remedies for health care and cleaning, horses, goats, cows, organic gardening and cooking, caring for their loved ones and friends and are community minded. Re-purposing and UP-cycling are high on their list of " fun things to do too"! and the link
 
 
As for me, I do dibble and dabble, crochet is what I love to do, and making potholders is FUN FUN FUN, I like Vintage patterns when I can find them. If not, I like to make things which represent yesteryear,a simple, uncomplicated time.
Beautiful potholders to brighten up my wanna be country kitchen..
I am a country girl in the making...
simple and abundant joys of doing what I love, enjoying and creating. 
 
I like to make and create with both thread and yarn, and like the variety both provide.  
 


Little Dress Potholder 






Granny Hexagon crochet Afgan

Country Pinafore Potholder Dress

7 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Faith, sounds like an interesting meme. Will have to go check it out.

Many times when I try a new crochet pattern, it goes wonky. Glad to see you stuck with it and got your rose potholder finished. I have yet to be successful with the granny square. Don't know why I can't figure it out. You've already made so many lovely things.

Hope you are having a terrific Friday. Tammy

Deborah Jean said...

Yay! Thank you Faith! What a wonderful invite you prepared for your readers... Your crochet work is lovely...reminds me of the beautiful things my mom and grandmother have made over the years... So pretty...
Thank you for linking up today! So glad you did!
Deb

glor said...

Always love your potholders, so pretty. Have to go check out Deborah Jean. Sounds great. Have a wonderful weekend, hopefully full of sunshine.

Sandy said...

love the pillow! As always all your creations are awesome, but I particularly like the pillow
Sandy

Doris Sturm said...

I love that crocheted square (your first photo) who made it and is it a pot holder or a square for an afghan? It's very pretty!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi there!
came over from Deborah Jeans- farm girl link up party...

I do a little crochet too, at times. Lately not so much. Mainly I do it when gifting... When I'm not in the crochet mood and time just doesn't allow...
I love to collect crocheted pieces at yard sales and flea markets and where ever I find them. Doilies, afghans, and such!

Yours are pretty... I've got a couple of dresses and a pair of pants...no pattern, I collected these, and have never taken the time to copy them!

~ loving the crochet! Pat

KATHY said...

LOVE THE POT HOLDERS FAITH. GOING TO CHECK THINGS OUT. HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY.