Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm still on the hunt, spring,,gardening and this n that rambling

All simple joys

I know I posted about this hutch once before when I first saw this picture. Look at those potholders....on the top shelf...And what do you suppose is hanging on that door....
looks ever so vintage.

One of these days, I will find a beauty like this...to put my PH in. hee.hee..I just discovered crochet potholders about a year ago..I had no idea did these lovelies exist, and have never seen anything like this growing up.

We don't have a big house, it was built in 1952, space is at a premium..but if I ever were to find a lovely such as this I would find room somewhere.

The birds today are singing so sweetly, and the sun is out my thoughts are turning to venturing out of Dodge, and planting the garden. Started  some peppers last week, and each week I will start something new in the soil. This year I would like a raised up garden, that will be a project. I have the timbers, and soon we will  be assembling those..

Blessings for your day

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Faith, I like the shawl you are working on. I need to get to work on some things because our Yarn and Fiber Group needs to display handmade items at the exhibition to take place the end of May. Seems far off at the moment but time is ticking away ... fast! Have a great weekend. Tammy

TurtleDoveCoo said...

The hutch is lovely, I'd love one, too, but like you, we're very limited on space here. Our vintage credenza is still in the garage because we can't decide which bookcase to get rid of to make room for it! Now if we BOTH had a whole extra room, just think of what we could do!
Hope your weekend is warm and wonderful!
Marjorie

Teri said...

Dear Faith...absolutely charming! Just keep looking...you will come upon a sweet little cupboard that will fit in to a cosy little space. I have a small vintage cupboard that we found on an "out and about" day trip a little over a year ago. I did a post and picture of it back then. We had been looking for several years and just happened upon this one...fits perfect in the little space that we had. It fit into our budget...so now we enjoy our little treasure. Mine adds such an old fashioned touch...which is what our home is all about! I have partial pictures of it on my sidebar now! Simple weekend blessings! Hugs ♥ Teri

Mary said...

Oh, that picture gives me serious potholder envy, smile! What is it about those vintage hutches? I love them, but don't have one. Space, do we ever have enough. I have said before, I need all my stuff and a house built around it...we are full here, if a piece of furniture comes in, something will have to go out. Keep an eye out, that hutch for you is out there somewhere. Loved your post!