Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, March 28, 2011

Simple Joys for this day..

Simple Joys of Abundance

For Me...

I look forward to the first signs of springtime..
Seeing & hearing the first Robin....
turning the soil, preparing  for planting the bounty & beauty..
looking at all the endless possibilities in the seed catalog and garden stores.
starting the seedlings, checking every day for signs of new growth in the dark soil.
It is a joy to watch them sprout.
Watering and nurturing the seeds until they can go out into the warm sun.

4 comments:

glor said...

What a beautiful picture, I lover geraniums and soon they will be here in full bloom. Can't wait. Blessings and all good things to your day.

Mary said...

I do love that picture. It just looks warm and sunny. My geraniums never get big and bushy like that. I need to try again this year. I love the pink ones.
Hope your day is warm and sunny and you can hear the birds singing.

Sandy said...

I don't plant as much these days, have in fact been thinning out in recent years. My Dad though is like you, starts his seeds in the basement, using a grow light, moves them outdoors, hardens them off etc. I am however beyond thrilled to see some signals Spring may finally be coming. It's been a long, cold and tiring winter.
Sandy

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely photo of the chair in the meadows of wildflowers...I've been doing what I love and that's why I've not been around as much...just the other day, I was looking at all the dainty wildflowers growing around the lake where Gizzy and I walk and I remember that my mother used to love it when I brought her a wildflower bouquet when I was a little girl. Spring reminds me of my childhood and give me hope for new beginnings and better times ahead. Spring to me is HOPE!