Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summer Splendor Doily Ghan

The color in the picture is off a tad... This is really like a baby blue color, the picture looks slate gray, I took the picture w/o the flash because the other picture I took w/flash faded out the color of the piece..it is a learning process with the camera. I am using cream and a peach with this blue, it will fit in nicely I hope where I am going to put it.  It will pick up colors from around the room nicely and bring them to an area where these colors can come together. I am using a size E hook for this pattern. I tried to start with an I hook
like Sarah did, but since I crochet loose I went with a smaller hook 
The pattern is called Summer Splendor, it is by Diane Augustine. You can also see more about this
doily ghan at Sarah's Sweetheart, and Here's Home blogs, they are located on my sidebar.
Blessings to your day....  

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hello Faith,

Your doily~ghan looks very pretty and I love that color. It will look so pretty with the cream. I used a K hook. I didn't have an I. I have an H but no I or J. Sarah said her doily came out 36 in. in diamter and mine did also. I am going to get all the hooks because as much as I am loving crocheting, I plan to continue. I didn't see your question until just now. Are you as surprised as I was at how the fast the doily goes? I made mine in a week and one of those days I didn't wrok on it at all because I had to wait to get yarn the color I needed. I haven't done anything with my doily~ghan yet other than admire the pretty design and the colors. Keep us updated on your doily~ghan. Have a wonderful blessed afternoon and evening.

Sharon Marie said...

Very nice. Using cameras is definitely a learning experience. I often take my photos on the table outside when the light is good because I haven't mastered the flash techniques. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Charlotte said...

I have the same problem when I try to take pictures of my projects. Keep crocheting!

glor said...

Ohhhh, its going to be gorgeous ... the colors you have chosen will be amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have a wonderful evening (what's left of it).

vikki said...

Very nice..I also love Doilies and from time to time post pics of my stuff. Feel free to stop by and take a look.