Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sweet Thread Crochet Cottage Hotpad/Potholder

Another little cottage potholder/hotpad....this time done in Christmas Colors..I have one for spring and one for winter, both will be for sale at my Etsy Store, which is getting underway.  I have a few things in the old hopper...crochet but nothing in particular started..The shawl, oh the shawl, ran into some issues with the yarn again and then I had to FROG...I don't know how many times I have started over...lost my place...I may need to start again...lost interest in it for now...I'll get back to it.

                                                                    I'm thinking.............
                                                                         another potholder....I don't care for shoes, I am not into clothes.  I'm plain and simple....But I love bags & purses, yarn, and potholders....(crochet potholders), and crochet doilies, blankets...oh heck anything crochet thread or yarn...it is a beauty... 

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

The great thing about crochet is you can usually undo it with ease and start all over. I've heard with knitting it is not so easy to unravel. I'm crocheting and sewing away each and every day. Should be doing housework ... Oh well! have a great week. :) Tammy

glor said...

Love the potholder. How cute to have one for each season. Ah ha ... found a difference ... I adore shoes. LOL Although I have to say as I have gotten older I don't have them like when I was a young one! I'm a little more practical now, actually a lot more. Our rain turned to snow ... spring disappeared. Have a great day.

Sarah said...

you do some great crocheting. That is something that I really wish I knew how to do. I love blankets that have been crocheted. Have a great day!

Faith said...

Thank you all ladies for stopping in....love all the comments...you make me smile....you are one of my
joys....

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE your potholder Ethel!!!.. So SWEET!!.. but I confused. Is today Simple Joys and Abundance Day? I posted mine today, and wanted to add the badge you used to have for it, but... oh well, I had you in mind when I wrote my own quick and simple post up today! How's the weather where you are? Are you getting what I'M getting? I hope not!.. I liked hearing you're seeing your first pepper sprout!! ~Lucy

TypsTatting said...

Your potholder is lovely I am at the moment knitting socks, dishcloths did start a shawl, that is a W.I.P.