Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, March 7, 2011

~ What I am enjoying today~

The Simpleness of it all..
it warms my heart and does me good.
these simple but joyful things
My Simple Joys...my abundance
my Spanky, always has a smile and a wag for me.
There was a small bird on the inside of our awning when I arrived home from work,
staying dry and out of the wind.
having nowhere to be today, just moving the hook.
My heating pad....
It appears to be a sparrow. I took the picture through the door window
he has a sweet little face, and has found refuge at our home, and in the morning he will be
    singing ever so sweetly.  


6 comments:

Teri said...

Dear Faith...such sweet and simple pleasures of home! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

Mary said...

I found your blog when I was doing a blog search for vintage potholders. What sweet potholders. I am in awe. I am getting back into crocheting after no longer working full time. I love the fact that such beautiful intricate things can be made from string and yarn. I will be bookmarking your blog to visit often. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love the bird photo. How very sweet. Birds give such joy with their simples songs. It's nice to know this little fellow found a safe shelter.

I love your blog for all the inspiration you give and your simple pleasures are always so uplifting to read.

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. :)

Blessings always

TurtleDoveCoo said...

Thank you, dear friend, you have no idea just how much I needed this today. You are a true blessing in my life!

Doris Sturm said...

I had the honor of watching a Great blue Heron catch a good sized fish today - just a few feet away from where I was sitting with Gizzy and of course, I did not have my camera, but I was amazed and felt lucky to have been there to see it.

Mary said...

Hello again, Thank you for your kind comments on my posts. I found the patterns for the potholders free online if you would like the links, please let me know. I did add the ruffle trim to mine. That was not in the pattern but I had to add a little more fru-fru to them. Most of the vintage potholders do have a ruffled trim. I am making one now in yellow and periwinkle blue. I wish I could find more pastel colors. There is a very limited color selection in crochet thread. Such a shame. I adore your cottage! I make little cottages out of felt with embroidery on them. I love hand sewing also. I lookrd thru your posts today and so many pictures don't show and I read one post that said you had trouble with your blog and I realized that must be why the pics don't show. I was so disappointed. Would love to see your creations. I'll be returning. Have a wonderful evening.