Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers bring Mayflowers...it is glorious springtime.

A wee bit of thunder and lightning today, it has been raining all morning, sometimes pretty heavily. My mind is turning to things of springtime. How beneficial the rain is for the beauty that we see all around us...the birds
oh how joyful thay must be this day, for food is plently in the soft wet soil, and maybe a splish splash bath to freshen up, oh I hear them singing a song of joy outside. The rain it gives  nourishment to the wildlife and flowers in its nutrient rich droplets, for which we are a direct recipient of the benefits, the beauty and bounty which will come from the nutrient rich soil.
We'll have our day in the sun...soon, 
so for today...
let mother nature in all her splendor enjoy the gentle rains. 
Happy Spring

4 comments:

Sandy said...

A day in the sun, doesn't that sound nice. Dark, and lots of rain here today; but the grass is greening up...which is exciting.
Sandy

T's Daily Treasures said...

Enjoy the rain! We were supposed to get some and I have heard thunder a time or two but we've gotten so much dust over the past two days, that I don't think any rain can get through. :/ I'm happily inside crocheting and cooking the day away. Have a great week. Tammy

glor said...

You certainly depict a spring day getting ready for all its beauty. The pictures are gorgeous. Happy day, happy evening.

TurtleDoveCoo said...

I've always faced a thunderstorm with a shudder of fear. After reading your post, I'm going to remember what you have said, and relax more.