Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Circle of Friends...

I've posted before about this doily...today..it is windy,dark & rainy, I was dusting and moving about smartly and these brought a smile to my heart with the cheerful colors and the ladies in their boofy dresses and floppy hats, perhaps they are a picnic, or a summer fair back in the day, dancing in the warm spring sunshine. Maybe...they are going berry pickin, or sitting around a table moving a hook...  I get joy when I look at this now as when I made it. I hope it brings you some joy in your day...as you ponder what the lovely ladies are doing...or getting into...Whatever you do today, I hope it brings you cheer and joy..

Peace     

4 comments:

Mary said...

What a beautiful doily! It looks like talent and skill went into making that. It is dark and rainy here today also. But, it was only drizzling when we left this morning and even that stopped so we finished our errands without getting wet. May your day be joyful!

KATHY said...

HEY FAITH, GOT THROUGH WITH WORK EARLY TODAY AND JUST GOT CAUGHT UP ON YOUR BLOG. LOVE THE DOILY AND GARDEN. REALLY LIKE THE CHICKEN!!!!

Doris Sturm said...

What a pretty and cheerful looking doily - you must have Eagle eyes vision with all the thread crocheting you do...nice job!

Happy weekend :-)

pattas said...

So lovely Faith pretty colours too.. :))
I hope you are keeping warm, summer is not to far away now :))