Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Farmgirl Bloghop......Out & About in the garden today...



This is our little and I mean little space we used for a garden last year...we are doing square foot gardening this year for the 1st time, so I want to still be able to use this space since the soil is so good. Pictures of the square foot forthcoming..

Before Picture:

I told you it was small. this was before we turned over the dirt and all..the actual garden is at the top portion of the picture...see my wanna be yard bird Henny Penny?  I know the picture is not all that....on the other side is the neighbors driveway..small huh? 

This is a picture of it today....still a work in progress...my DH fashioned me up a little picket fence..So sweet...I love it...
In the upper right hand corner where there is no fence....I have planted the Peony Bush.....I hope it takes, there will be a few more flowers in here too. I bought a Columbine at Walmart today, I didn't know that this flower is a wild flower..did a little research....
do you see my Henny Penny...my "faux" yard bird...and Loosy Goosy...?  I have some silver dollars
aka Money Plant started in the house...these will go in here as well, both Perenials..I have Old fashioned
flower seed mix, which will be sprinkled in here...and maybe some stones to keep the weeds at bay...

and on the pallet front....I asked the Mrg at Micheals if they had any...and he said they do...it won't fit in the car I have...to small..perhaps it will fit in the back of the car my husband has...I hope so.. They are much bigger than I thought...and heavy.. The Mrg said they don't put them out becuase people collect them..
REALLY?  I told him that I wanted to make something out of the wood...and he didn't have a problem
with me picking it up...I hope we can.
the Columbine..

5 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute little garden, I love the fence-have fun:@)

glor said...

What a perfect little garden. That is exactly what I would like. It is going to be beautiful. The flowering plants are so pretty. This will certainly bring much enjoyment. Blessings to your day.

Mary said...

I love all of this, the picket fence, the bench and angel, your chickie and duck and the flowers. I have the purple columbine but wish it was pink. Soon it will be green, lush and full. Have a joyful day!

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

I love your little path of earth and your picket fence area too! It's so quaint... just goes to show, you don't need a ton of land to follow your gardening heart...
Thanks for this darling entry!
Deb

Teresa said...

Your little garden is looking lovely!