Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm old fashioned....and I like it that way....

Homemakin.....
Like so many of you, I'm all about the homestead...I often wondered  through the years why that is.  When certainly in this day & age, woman can be or do anything.
Why then do I find such simple joys in moving about my home add my special touches, doing that which is now is considered "old fashioned".  I suppose that I hope that one day there will be a re surgance of the simple ways...I choose to participate in it before it becomes a fad....because you know that what is old is new again to somebody else. But I get such simple joy and peace moving about my little place..more than anywhere else. I'm so thankful for that. I don't need to find myself anywhere else..I don't get bored with the chores, maybe because I work part time and I know what isn't out there. Oh, my work here is never done..
always something to do, I love cooking for my family..and yes I still like the house tidy for when my husband comes home..it should also be a place of refuge and relaxation for him...
People where I work just don't get it....they don't understand the fresh bread, oh how that aroma fills the house with such pleasure...They don't get the stove or why I cook from scratch...when I can surely just nuke. They don't get the crochet thing....such a ridiculous waste of time...why they could be counting jello shots instead of stitches, after they get their umpteenth tatto...
Well, to each there own...I don't need to apologize or explain it....it just is....the way that I choose to live my life...I'm hoping there is a momma out there with girls,, who feel the same way that I do...my poor boys.
Somebody once told me..that I'm spoiling my boys because they will never find anybody to do for them what I do..I'm hoping she is wrong..
Are you out there? 

4 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Oh~ Amen & amen! Here's to the simple, basic & REAL things in life!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

vikki said...

I am so glad to hear someone else is out there that feels the way I do about staying home and truly enjoying it. I can't relate to those who say that they are bored or there's nothing to do. Thanks for putting it all into words..love your blog

Sharon Marie said...

I'm feeling more old-fashioned the older I get. My boys can take care of themselves but they know that when they come to mom's house it's ok to open the fridge and grab something to eat. :) I too enjoy staying home. There is more than enough to keep me occupied--I never get caught up. Don't know how I managed to work when my sons were young.

KATHY said...

HOME IS MY FAVORITE PLACE TO BE. I EVEN WORK FROM HOME.SO HAPPY!