Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Living SImply and making it myself when I can...

For the last few years I have really trying to keep it more simple, back to basics...it doesn't mean doing without, it means when I can do it myself why shouldn't I?  Along with the obvious cost saving measures, knowing what goes into something you eat or feed your children, amd making it yourself brings about a content safe feeling that I don't always need to rely on something or somebody else producing something
product or service for me. And while I am a long way from living off the grid....I'm comfortable and gaining confidence as I move about smartly ( hee hee had to throw that in there ) knowing that I can build  up my sturdy pantry, cook from scratch, bake bread, grow my own vegatables and can....I happy with that for now..I don't think I would like to be totally off the grid...but a little bit more self reliant just in case...

So, for today...I have made my own homemade granola...Easy Peasy.........


Homemade Granola....:)


Check this out too...http://windymeadowsfarm.blogspot.com/2011/04/go-wild-over-seed-balls.html
Going to try these...what a wonderful idea....  SEED BALLS......

4 comments:

vikki said...

Sounds like a plan to me..Have a glorious day. Sun is finally out here, the rain has moved on!! Went for a walk with the puppy..how nice it was after feeling penned in for the last week with storms and all.

Doris Sturm said...

I love granola sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit for breakfast.

I like making things myself as well in terms of not buying processed foods and just getting fresh whenever I can so that I can decide what goes in it. I think the simpler, the better...

Mary said...

That looks delicious. Like you, I like knowing what is in my food.

Beansieleigh said...

Good Morning Ethel! Just took a peek at the seed balls, and I think this is a great idea! Love it!.. Still looking forward to seeing your flower bed! Decisions, decisions.. Whatever you do with it, I'm sure it will be beautiful!... It looks gorgeous out there today, so hope you and yours are enjoying every minute of it! ~Lucy