Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beautiful Depression Glass Finds

It's been about 1 year or so that I found these at Goodwill, they are a treasure to be sure. What is their story? If only they could tell. I didn't realize until today when I put them side/side for the picture they were two different sizes and designs. Were they candle holders? Or maybe to pass snacks in? I use one to display my favorite little sea shells, and the other I put my African Violet in...
PHOTO DISCLAIMER-APPLIED HERE....
I do the best I can...


3 comments:

glor said...

What beautiful pieces, I love depression glass. I would love to hear their story. Bet you can feel it - you must tell it! Have a joyful day.

Mary said...

Very pretty! I think those may be relish dishes. I love the way that type of glass sparkles in the light. They are heavy aren't they? Happy to hear that you use them and enjoy them.
Hope your day is a warm and sunny one!

Heather - The Good Life said...

I like depression glass too, I enjoy using vintage things in my home. I was thinking they might be candy dishes for little mints. I can picture some pastel melt-aways sitting in there nice and pretty. Have a great day Faith. :-)