Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Fairy Garden....?

 Photo Disclaimer:
I am not nor, nor have I ever been a professional photographer...
Really?
You say?   Have you seen or heard of one?   A few years ago now I had thought this was something which I would like to do. The container, plants and accesories of your choice to make a lovely garden. Since I don't have a patio or enclosed area I opted for doing mine inside the house.. I found the perfect container and then it sat in the basement for a least 1 year..I kept yarn in it, and then it became a catch all.

Today I was moving about smartly...a rare thing...re-arranging some things in the living room..and there sat my 3 beautiful African Violets..all terribly in need of re-pot... And it occured to me to put them all into one locations, ah ha!  There is my Fairy Garden...

So I dug out the container, and DH & I headed out to WM to get small bags of sand and stone for drainage of my fairy garden.  They filled up the container, and I hope they survive..The por things were in need of soil transplant, and were finished bloomin and in their rest stage...so I figured now is the best time. Our LR faces to the east, so in the morning we get full sun and it is bright in there all day long, so the plants do well.

I have a little wooden bench, and something else...which I bought for just this purpose..and cant remember what it was or where it is...Oh bother...!
It'll turn up when I'm looking for something else I can't find.....hee hee.... The container is cream colored enamel with a spring green handles and trim...


Have a Fairy Nice Day...

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

It's always a good feeling when you can use what you have rather than buying something and then realizing you didn't need it. I hope your resting violets are happy in their new container. It does seem these days that there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done or have time to do the fun stuff. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy

glor said...

What a delight your little fairy garden is. I really like this. Can I copy your idea? I think I would enjoy this even more then the outdoor garden. Just wait till all these bloom. Violets are so pretty. Blessings to your evening.

Faith said...

oh absolutly yes...enjoy...They tend to bloom pretty close together..so if this works...it will lovely...African Violets like to be watered from below...so I'm not sure how they will take to this...

Doris Sturm said...

What an adorable little fairy garden! I have thought about making a terrarium with moss because I have this empty 2.5 Gal fish tank and there is moss growing right outside my back door by my back porch...I love moss and that would make a nice fairy garden floor...you gave me an idea ;-) Thank you! Have a lovely week!