Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm always into something...

I try....
I've always liked to paint, haven't really painted anything in a long time. I started out in Oils, I did ok and then fell away from it. I found Donna Dewberry One Stroke and I liked the way she made it "LOOK EASY",
of course it isn't, but I don't practice and I should....I also found from another blogger who paints
to try Priscilla Hauser..it is on the same order as Donna...beautiful roses oh my...  


5 comments:

Crochet Princess Beth said...

Very pretty little blue bird, I can see him outside my window chirping!!! Miss you - still have no computer. Using my son's when I can catch him! Hugs and Love - crochet for me ok?

glor said...

What beautiful work ... I think I remember him from a while ago? You do have such talent. Can't wait to see what is next!

Barbara Bradford said...

How very cheerful, I am happy you are going back to painting. Priscilla Hauser, had tons of books in the shoot not sure if it was the 80's or 90's. I have tons of here books upstairs. She was the queen of Tole... like you said mainly her Roses...

Sandra said...

What a lovely painting! I do believe that you have captured the charming personality of that little bluebird. :-)

Mary said...

Faith, you are an artist! The little bluebird is adorable. I have always wanted to try painting roses. I have a vintage overnight case that I would like to pretty up with paint and roses. You are multi-talented!