Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, May 9, 2011

A surprise in the garden... My Simple Joy

Last year I had the notion to plant some seed of the "Money Plant" Silver Dollar, what have  you..It was late in the season, I planted the little seeds  with a wing and prayer...nothing happened..nothing grew. I thought maybe they had blown away, or that I planted them in a bad place and they didn't take. 
Forward to this Spring...I initially thought this was a weed, before the flowers. but left it because I remembered that I did plant there. Then the lovely flowers came. Well, maybe the wrong seeds in the packet? It is pretty so I left it.  I looked it up, and sure enough these are the flowers which appear before the seed pods, which are the Silve Dollars...How bout that?  There are 2 plants here, I have no idea how many SD I will get..but a what a joy anyhow..I bought more seeds this year and started from seeds again, and these will go out by the "flowerbed"...
I'll post more about these when the pods arrive...so neat..

3 comments:

Barbara Bradford said...

Oh wow how pretty... gosh now you made me think I wonder how many times I have forgotten what I planted and where.. Perhaps they came up the next year. I never label my garden and at my age I suppose I should..

Gloria said...

What a beautiful gift and treasure. The color of these is magnificent.

vikki said...

hi..I may have to try the box garden. I wish I would have known you were wanting that book..ultimate doilies..I have 2 copies..I have made the gentle wind pattern. It is very pretty. I used white and ecru. It is on my list of to make..only I think I want to do it in ecru and maybe some shade of blue..