Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, May 27, 2011

A trip to Amish Country....scenery galore & some treasures....

And it is Friday...
Blog Hop for Farmgirls sponsored by
Deb....

The clouds and sky are extra beautiful in the country...
This print was in a frame $5...at the antique mall..so sweet....I will reframe it..

picked this up as well at the Antique Mall, don't have any idea how old it is..
but I like it...her she is with Miss Tassie...
and one final cloud picture..they were so pretty today..
This fluffy white cloude followed us almost all the way home....look at the straight gray cloud ( front) or rain something as it is moving....
look at all the shades of gray..and you can see some rain below, but look at the brilliant white, foofy cloud..
the road signs at the bottom, give perspective to how big & beautiful this cloud is....


7 comments:

glor said...

Your finds are wonderful especially finding your egg keeper to go with your new pot holder ... I take it Miss Tassie is her name! Looks like it was a most beautiful day. Have another today!

Beansieleigh said...

Love your wire chicken basket Ethel!!.. I have a cute little wire basket myself, but no eggs to put in it yet. (What post was it, that you shared how to make them?? That might be something I can do over this weekend! I'm in between projects here.)... Your pictures of the clouds are beautiful! I love the deeper shades of blue against the beautiful white clouds that seem lit up from behind somehow.. VERY PRETTY! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Amish country! ~Lucy

Beansieleigh said...

...Thanks for the quick tutorial, Ethel!! I'm SURE I have the eggs, but I just have to see if I have the spray paint.. I THINK I do! ((hugs)) ~Lucy

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Hi Faith!
I love your egg keeper! It's great and the cloud photos are beautiful!
Great entry!
have a great weekend!
Deb

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a great shopping trip! Those cloud pictures are certainly dramatic.

Millie said...

What a pretty picture!

Doris Sturm said...

Lovely photos, Faith- I too love the cumulus clouds. We did have some today as it looked like it wanted to rain this morning and it never did. I used to lie in the grass and watch those clouds while they turned into all sorts of shapes - did you do that too? Nowadays, I'd be afraid to lie in the grass - God knows what's i there LOL - I'm more paranoid now than when I was a kid.