Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vintage Rose Crochet Thread Potholder.....

Finished up today...the rose in the center didn't come out to well in the picture..
the pattern for this also included a hot pad and
I have also seen this pattern for sale, but it is free at the link above.
there is a napkin holder, hot pad, potholder, all lovely...this picture
the phote disclaimer applies here...
click on the link and you can see how pretty these really are....
This week on CBTS.....
THE REVEAL....
the flowerbed.....
on the friday farmgirl bloghop....
hee hee.................such fun....

9 comments:

lovestitch said...

It's so beautiful my friend! Thanks for sharing the pattern, I can't wait to give it a try!
Have a great week! x

TurtleDoveCoo said...

That is gorgeous!

Mary said...

I love it! So pretty! Seeing that makes me miss my thread crochet~working on that afghan to get it finished. I am looking forward to seeing your flower bed. Have a great day!

Faith said...

These are lovely, glad to share..this is one of those hidden gems you find parusing around not looking for anything in particular.. a simple blessing...

vikki said...

I think your flower turned out well. Thanks for sharing that pattern link..I am such a junkie when it comes to patterns. I have 3 books coming in the mail. I just copied a pattern off the internet. been looking for royal pineapples for years..finally found it..

CrochetBlogger said...

Love this!!!!

glor said...

This is so pretty. What a wonderful, beautiful piece of work. Your crocheting is always amazing. These are so special. How many do you have now? I think a collection of potholders would be great ... something I am going to have to do. Thanks for providing the link. Blessings.

Faith said...

I believe I have only 7 or 8 of them, not counting the ones I have for Etsy..there are 4 there. Love making these, especially the ones of vintage patterns...as this was.

LindaCrochets said...

Beautiful! Boy, this brings back memories.....