Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Debating on the craft fair...do you participate...?

I'm still moving the hook however slowly on the Gentle Wind....since I never made this before I need a block of time with quietness ( with kids...are you kidding me?)  to work it out...I'll get there. In the meantime I have begun another granny ripple ghan, and I would like to start some crochet candle cozies....craft fair ideas....I pulled the box out the other day to see what I had gotten done...there is a fair amout there and room for a few more things...I would like to crochet another cottage or two....and tie up a few loose ends on the final touches for the items I have completed...where does time go..?

I am not fully sold on doing the craft fair...I have the what if's......nobody wanted to buy any of my stuff? Too sensitive I guess..It is for my son's school..I went to one of them and was disapointed. Limited craft tables...and people walking out with nothing..There was Avon,Tupperware,Pampered Chef.. really? Craft Fair?  One table with a lady crocheting afghans, a jewerly table, and some woodworking items.. Well, at
least I wouldn't have much competition...I have time yet..



Have a Glorious Day....

3 comments:

vikki said...

Hi Faith..I do one craft show a year. I started out by doing lots of little shows that turned me off. I met a gentleman woodworker who said I needed to find a show that only does crafts and has lots of people that come through. I found the one. It is held by The homemakers association..through the 4H, the same weekend every year, at the county fairgrounds. Maybe you can find something similar in your area. Just a thought.

Faye Henry said...

Hi Faith.. I did craft shows for more than 20 years... smile..
So glad I don't do them anymore but they are a great way to make some money and still be home...
A lot of work but very rewarding when you begin to establish your customers and they keep coming back.. It just takes time to do that...
I think you would enjoy it... smile..
Blessings..

Mary said...

I share your same thoughts about craft shows and then most of the tables are Avon, Pampered Chef, etc. I don't think craft fairs are the same as they once were. I participated in one at granddaughter's school before Christmas, barely sold anything. No one sold much, the economic times???? not sure but there were some who did not sell one thing.
I think most of it just depends on what people are looking for or like at certain times. Hope your decision making will come easily to you.