Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do you have this pattern, or book? ....

Looking for a particular pattern in a particular book....American Thread Book Star # 55..it is a potholder book...there is a most adorable little slip dress in there....Can anybody help...? 


What'cha all working on these days?  I have two projects started, and then we have the potholder switcharoo coming up...I don't know what it is, I'm having a hrad time sitting down and moving the hook.  I don't want to work on the Gentle Wind...right now..I have craft fair things to tie up, I would like to make some candle cozies...but cannot get excited over any ot that right now..Am I slumping?   My head feels all scattterd, moving the hook would probably be good for my peace of mind...


the last pictures is the one...:)

PS..Thanks to Susie, who suggested where I may obtain a copy of this for $1.95, PDF classics....
Thanks Susie..I'm workin one up right now.....

11 comments:

vikki said...

Faith..I will look through my "old pattern books" and see if I have that book..I will let you know tomorrow..It is 1:00 am here and I really should be in bed.

T's Daily Treasures said...

I am feeling the same way as you. I want to do something, but not sure what. I started a baby afghan weeks ago that is not complete. The baby is born and school is finished so now I can't even give it to the happy couple. Guess it will have to wait until they return from the summer holiday and school begins again in August. I think I'll have a go at the watermelon coasters/dishcloths I keep seeing around. That should be easy enough. Have a great day. Tammy

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Faith - I looked through all my crochet books, but I don't have it....I wish I did, I would send it right off to you. If I run across it anywhere, I will let you know. It's a very cute pattern. I think the heat is making everyone not want to do much...I was in a slump a while ago, but then I just kept reading every blog I could find and the next thing I knew, I was inspired to pick up the hook (and needle)....hang in there..the mojo will be back. Wishing you a lovely day. :) Blessings always.

Faith said...

Hi girls, thanks for stopping...stitchy and Vikki, thank
you for looking for the pattern...
T- we'll eventually " hook up" with something....:)

vikki said...

Hi Faith..I checked my "vintage" pattern books, I don't have that book..I didn't realize it until now that most of them are made by coats..or royal society..sorry.

Faith said...

Thank you Vikki for checking..I apprciate so much....:)

Susie M said...

Try the link below Faith, looks like you might be able to buy it for $1.95.

http://www.pdfclassicbooks.com/crafts-hobbies/knitting-crocheting/star-potholders-crochet-patterns-plus-recipes-star-book-no-55/prod_469.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, I always enjoy your blog! I just finished a small baby blanket, and now I am working on a real treasure. My grandmother asked me to crochet a lace edging on two pillow cases. The embroidery on them was done by her mother, and it's like a project I'm doing with my great grandmother! I would like to finish them by this Saturday in time for my grandmother's birthday.
Marianne

Faith said...

Marieanne, how sweet your comments, and thank you for taking the time to post one. Thank you for stopping. You are indeed working on a trasure, and how blessed you are that your grandmother is still with you, and wonderful surprise she will have when you present her with that gift on which her mother worked...vey neat and special.

Faith said...

Susie, appreciate it.I'll check out that link.

CrochetBlogger said...

These are cute - hope you have luck finding the designs. Saw several similar pieces in thrift stores in the midwest during my recent trip there.