Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, June 5, 2011

It really doesn't take much...to make me happy..

I am so simple, I truly am..it doesn't take much to make me happy.  We started to repaint the kitchen 2 years ago...the walls were done that is it..no trim, and no cabinets. We have original 1950 cabinets...and they have no doubt seen better days. We had painted them at one time with an off white, cream color...and it was nice for a while...but the those boys oh them boys of mine....if you have kids you know what I am talking about.

My sweetheart got the painting bug this week...I don't ask questions..he wants to paint...paint away....I don't know how long that will last and stood out of the way...and let him have at it...he got them all painted yesterday...2nd coat today....if we make it to the trim....(fingers crossed)....

I have been over the years fairly consistant with my color choices, muted blue,mauve, and whatever goes with that. I'm getting a little bolder with my colors now...I found these curtains at WalMart yesterday...they are bolder colors but it fits nicely with the paint colors we have chosen. We have painted the cabinets
sashay sand ( Sherwin Williams), it looks at different parts of the day like mauve, or even a dark lilac....it is a warm brown with red...so these curtains look just right...and out of the box for me. ...but I like them...and they were on sale $5.....can you see the beautiful yard birds on here....our kitchen faces East, and so we get the morning sun..I like how it is streaming through the window...onto my vintage glassware...see it doesn't take much...
Enjoy whatever simpleness comes your way...



7 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Faith...so charming and so homey! I love simple living...as well and those little things that make for happiness! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

Faye Henry said...

Looks lovely, Faith.. It feels so good to get the painting done, I bet..
My husband painted some but did not finish the pantry doors... yet... smile...
Blessings..

Beansieleigh said...

(Gasp!) ETHEL! Rooster curtains?! Oh, we are kindred spirits sometimes, aren't we?!.. And they're ON SALE?! Darn.. I don't think the warm golden brown would go in my kitchen, but I really LOVE them! They look gorgeous! Just perfect for your little country kitchen, and I'm so glad to hear they make you happy! I went yard-saling yesterday, and quite a few little things made me very happy! No roosters, but I always keep my eyes open for them! Hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend! ~Lucy

Sandy said...

WOW, what a deal you got, only $5.00! That makes the whole project even better. Reminds me of the cute Rooster Curtains I had in my very first apartment. They were red and green I think. My table was in front of the window, much like yours. I had picked up the table at a garage sale for 25.00. Little drop leaf with 2 chairs. I painted it green. Next time round I painted it gold, it had a blue phase then. And this many years later, my DD has it in her kitchen. lol Though I may choose much bolder colors then you...we are connected for sure.

pattas said...

The curtains look great a perfect choice I would say Faith :))
By the way .. Chicken = young.. Chook = much older... or should I say mature LOL..
Have a great day :))

DaCraftyLady said...

I have a stuffed Rooster on my refrigerator those curtains would match perfectly in my kitchen... :) I think they look great!!! And at $5 who can say no... :) Terrific...Debb Thanks for stopping by my place too..

Faith said...

Thank all for stopping in..these are a break from my traditional flowers and lace regime..which I am ever so attracted too..hee LOL