Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Summer Garden Party...I'm wearing my floppy hat of course...

June 14,2011
Been invited to a garden party, won't you join me?



The perfect occasion to don a brand new floppy hat, and some pearls....
I like to call this the Catherine Hepburn look....
Gorgeous...



My Lirttle flower bed  (  I made this myself)

A lovely surprise...planted last year.....what could it be...


Silver Dollare,  a money plant prennial


Beautiful Rosebuds on my Vintage Lovely
There is a story with the rose plant...a few posts back..

at their peak of beautiness.....:)

A little space in the garde which will be filled with Old Fashioneds f rom seed ( I hope(

I hope you had fun participating in going to all the gardens....
a lovely day....


9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! I don't have the green thumb that my mother has, but I try. I forget to water :-(

bj said...

Lovely...we are in the midst of a terrible drought and most of my flowers are dying. Sooo, sistah, you will have to be content with seeing my last year's garden. :))
xo bj

cmoh said...

OH when that rosebush blooms it is going to be just stunning!

It has been a pleasure visiting your garden today.

Caro

Jo said...

Hey sistah!Oh so pretty, your flower bed amd flowers are fantastic, ain't it fun when we get to enjoy something we have palnted.
I need a money plant around here, with the real thing,boy-o-boy,if that was possible we could really have some beautiful gardens.
Thanks for your lovely photo's of your flowers, I enjoyed!
And thank you for your sweet comment and visiting Loblolly
~JO
Lazyonloblolly

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your beautiful flower bed!!! You did it!.. And it came out GORGEOUS!! I was so glad to see that you'd joined in on the Garden Party! I've just got to get me one of those floppy hats now.. Hmmm, if not for my "garden" then maybe for walking the dog?.. Well, actually, I don't know what it's doing your way, but it's raining here, this morning, and I don't know how long it's supposed keep coming down or not. Maybe I'll get some reading in today. Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a great day.. Maybe I'll stop up for coffee later! ~Lucy

Eileen said...

What an adorable garden!!! I just love the white picket fence - it's absolutely precious. Your blooms are beautiful. Stop by The Pink Home if you get a chance.

Heather - The Good Life said...

Your flower bed turned out great! I like the fresh crisp look of the white paint. Enjoy your day. :-)

Faye Henry said...

Such beautiful flowers, Faith.. So nice that you have a green thumb.. smile..
Blessings..

debi said...

Hi Faith, I love your little garden bed, I'm impressed that you built it yourself. And your garden space is lovely. Of course, I'm particularly fond of anything with a white picket fence!

I'm so happy that you joined us for the Garden Party. Thanks for sharing your beautiful space!
Hugs, Debi