Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Easing into the Craft Fair Mode & Pesto Part II

 It is that wonderful time of year, to begin thinking of the craft fair.Well, I did all the thinking last year...So now, I am in the " Action" phase LOL...me and action...isn't that what is an oxymoron...? Anywho.....So I did all me fabricating of the products to be sold..it is time now to move into the finish up, tie up the loose ends, add embelishments and get things ready to inventory and price. I don't have alot of items, a little of this n that. Being my 1st craft fair...I'm not sure what to expect. I am working on another crochet gingerbread cottage, the picture below is the roof portion. I'm hoping these sell, they really are lovely and alot of time goes into them, I have one like the one in my header, and then a Christmas one for sale...  
Gingerbread Crochet Cottage Roof...
...
.wonder if the "BIG" pickle jar has room for just a few more? We've never had such a good bounty on our cukes...this year we have themclimbing vertically...with the square foot garden..it seems to suit them just fine.
 and....
THE PESTO
I have made pesto before, but it was from store bought Basil...Such a wonderful simple joy to go out to the garden and PICK my own, fragreant lovely Basil...a few pics...remember the disclaimer...you see what I see no touch ups...:)
Look at this beautiful bounty, in early morning light...Gorgeous....and it smells
so good too. (Basil)

We have 2 jars of lovely Pesto, going into the freezer, and there is more in the garden which will
continue to grow...Such a joy...

4 comments:

vikki said...

there is nothing like fresh basil from the garden..love the aroma!! When is your craft sale? I hope you do well.

Faith said...

The craft fair is usually in Oct or November for the school....I want all the ducks in the row...I don't like to rush around...it steals my joy..you know what I mean.?

T's Daily Treasures said...

Good idea to plan ahead. I stopped doing craft fairs because no matter how much advance notice I had for the planning, I never seemed to get anything done and then felt stressed. Pesto is so delicious on pasta or toasted bread. Yummo! Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Charlotte said...

love craft fairs but there aren't mny in my area. :-( I have never tried pesto, but I'll bet it tastes as good as it looks. I tried several times to visit you while at the beach, but the stupid computer would not let me in! :-( Save a pickle fo me!