Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I hang these in my kitchen window...for 2 reasons....

One, because I love these little dress vintage look potholders, and two...you would too if you
had this view...YUCK! the brick wall.... my kitchen window faces the house next door
we are so close....oh  to live in a place which looks like....
I found this picture, painted on canvas on a recent trip to Amish..and look it has 3 yard birds....oh the cheer joy of this life ....beckons me at every turn....I have this hanging in my kitchen as well...it is not a large
painting, maybe 6"x 5"...it is painted by Billy Jacobs and is called Spring Fever..you can view
more of his paintings online..I intend to purchase a few more of these...I love looking at this...so
simple and yet so consuming of my thoughts....as I muse about a day in the life here.....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

4 comments:

glor said...

Your pot holders are absolutely beautiful. Can't pick a favorite, love them all! The picture reminds me of a house not too far from here, have to remember to take my camera. Have a wonderful day, blessings and joy.

Mary said...

Those are just adorable. The center one is my favorite. Sometimes views are not the best are they? But that is a nice looking brick home...Do you like the Amish lifestyle? I mean could you live that lifestyle? I love the simplicity and the family values. They take care of their elderly. No old folks homes for them. I wouldn't want to give up electricity. My brother and I talked a little last night about how it would be to move back to our parent's place. Way out in the country, cannot see anyone elses' home. We could have a dog to run free, kitties and chickens. He and his wife have talked about it. I would go back in a nanosecond. Going to sleep listening to the whippoorwills and sometimes hearing an owl. I miss the real country. You live close to an area with Amish right? This comment has gotten too long...Wishing you a day of country breezes and bird song.

Faith said...

Love the comments short or long....I live about 1 1/2 hours from Ohio Amish Mary..Going w/o electricity and indoor plumbing...I think not..but going to sleep with sounds of the whippoorwills instead of sirens and motorcyles...count me in...:)
a yard for my chickens, a bunny or two...loverly....

DaCraftyLady said...

those are so cute4, I love dresses too, and they take away from your view, think of some of the positives with closeness, if in need your neighbor is only a few steps away, run out of milk? sugar? there you go... :)