Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, July 2, 2011

If I cannot have the real thing...for now this will do..

I found this yard bird at Old Time Pottery, it is Ceramic..I wish now I had bought 2...I wasn't quite sure
what I would do with it..I wanted one for my back yard..I thought I might paint it...
I gave it a try....
This is Genevieve...she didn't come out to bad, and she looks stunning in the back yard...at a quick glance one may think I have a real yard bird....she lays of course beautiful brown eggs...here in fanciful land...
she makes me smile...:)

8 comments:

Faye Henry said...

She is lovely..
I think she would look great in anyone's back yard..
Have a great weekend..

Laura said...

Love her! I ♥ chickens!

Kelsie From Our Country Home said...

Genevieve is just lovely and the perfect chicken because she will not scratch up your flowers :)

I have a family of cement chickens I am supposed to repaint also...it is "on the list" lol

Blessings Kelsie

Faith said...

I've been looking cement ones, and would have likes a mamma and some baby chicks..havn't found any yet..I hope Genevieve will be ok out there until I do...then she can come in...

Mary said...

Oh she is pretty! You did a wonderful job painting her. I am sure she looks right at home in your back yard.

vikki said...

Nice..I am into trolls..I am looking for the biggest ugliest troll I can find for my front yard.

glor said...

Wow, Genevieve is gorgeous!! Your little garden must be amazing. It must be wonderful to stand and gaze as it. Have a wonderful day, blessings.

Kimberly said...

what fun!