Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Imagination runs wild every time we drive past here...

I took this picture driving passed the house..not to bad. This has been like this for at 15 years...and we pass this stunner each time we go to our favorite picnic spot..I wonder every time, who the owner is, and imagine how lovely it is/could be inside....

. Who was the lade of this house?
A very lucky Lady indeed...
Is there a gravel driveway beneath the tall grass, did she hear the love ones pulling up the gravel driveway for holidays in maybe a Model T, or horse and buggy? ..I love the sound of the gravel driveway..

The dining room, did it have an elegant buffet table, or a beautiful hutch filled with treasures handed down from generation to generation, some things to be passed down, and others used lovingly and sparingly. Were the pieces adorned with beauiful lacy doilies handcrafted by the Mrs. ? The porch, was there a swing, rocking chairs and filled with geraniums and hanging baskets?And did they spend time on that porch as a family, mama crocheting or doing needlepoint or mending socks?  Is their a grape arbor or berry bush for collecting  and snacking... 
Did the Mrs...spend time taking a bubble bath, or washing the little ones in the claw foot tub? Was their
wallpaper in all the rooms, the kind with the tiny roselike buds?  The kitchen, did it have a pantry, filled with jars and summers bounty?  Was there an enamal table in the kitchen, you know the kind red/white?  
Was the Mrs lucky enough to have her own parlor...and oh the splendor of that...lacy curtains and family
heirlooms and pictures. 
I love looking at this stunner, an am sad that she is abandoned..I have begun looking into her...I have no visible address to go off of.. Perhaps I will contact the historical society of this town, maybe they can direct me. I don't think anybody has been there for years, and it pains me so...for she will fall into ruins, what was once so lovingly cared for.  I'm afraid one day..she won't be there anymore...
wish we could fix her up...

Is there  place out back for a garden?  A clothesline?. 
ahhh....the stuff dreams are made of....if I find anything out...I'll let you know...

1 comment:

Mary said...

OOh, a parlor. I just love the sound of that, or a keeping room, also love the sound of that. So...are there any no trespassing sounds posted? What could it hurt to park and walk up there and have a look see? Take your camera, peek in the windows, walk around to the back. I am curious to no end and what could it hurt? Like you, I drive by homes that I would love to see inside and wonder who lived there and what their lives were like.

Sending you an email! Have a wonderful day!!