Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, August 8, 2011

Moving about smartly today.....

I don't work today...so I can enjoy being here around the homestead..I have trouble making peace with this, because I'd rather be here than anywhere else...(working wise)...It is not all it's cracked up to be and is highly overated. I am a homebody...it does my soul good to be here, amongst my love ones, my WIP's, my colorful threads & yarns...4 loaves of wonderfulness from the oven soon, as they are arisin...oh that lovely aroma as it just saschays around the house...one of my favorite things..and a blessing for sure. 

I am at peace in the soul today...we are in harmony as we move about...working on a few projects today..
homemade from scratch cooking after a long weekend of working and quick suppers for us and our varying schedules...(Thank you for the work)....have to remember to say thank you...more often...and get myself to the place where I say thank you even when....it's not the optimum...working on this too..this is a major WIP
of the not crafy kind.... 
I've long admired this beauty...I wonder who owns it...and what will they do with it....
I'll bet this is or was really a stunner in it's day...I think I should like to find out about this.....
oh the history....and love within it's walls...

Enjoy your creativity and productive time today...

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Lucky you to not have to work on a Monday! Enjoy yourself! Love the old house. i would love to be able to 're-do' an old house like this.

Faith said...

I'm glad I don't work Monday's. I have it off becuase I work every Fri,Sat & Sun...it works out better for me and & family...This old house..is a stunner..I bet it has a claw foot tub....awesome...wish we had the funds...trying to keep afloat while my DH looks for work..so butying this or anything is a Major
situation....hoping this too shall pass....

vikki said...

thank you so much for the heads up on Maggies for the potholder dress patterns..enjoy your day and that house is awesome..but could be a money pit. There would always be something that needs to be done. It could be made to be an awesome home.

Doris Sturm said...

I can totally relate with everything you said today. I too have learned to appreciate the simple, yet precious and fragile, things in life, but I had to learn it over the years...it was lost to me when I was young, running around in the rat race chasing the almighty buck, but then we needed money to survive, so what can you do? I'm just glad that I'm here in this place now and can enjoy the simply life. Like you, I enjoy the smell of baking in the oven - I could live on bread (probably why I look like a Mrs. Doughfrau already LOL)

I like looking at old houses too. It always makes me kind of sad to see one standing abandoned and alone and wonder what laughter, joy and tears it may have seen in times gone by. I don't know why, but I believe that part of people's souls cling to those old walls and furniture and if you stand absolutely silent, you may hear a child's voice echoing from the past, but it's probably just my wild imagination kicking in....have a blessed day and enjoy your day off with your hubby :-)

Mary said...

Not having to go into work gives one's heart and soul a lightness doesn't it? The bread sounds yummy. Love that house. It looks like someone is working on it or else worked some and stopped??? Would love to see the inside too. I love the character of old homes. Hope your evening is a great one!!

glor said...

I can almost smell the bread baking in the oven ... ahhh! Just like it would be in that wonderful old house. Wouldn't it be great to have a craft/yarn/fabric in that house with bread baking, tea brewing ... what blessings we could give!

Faith said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments...I do so enjoy them. The old house...has character...and if I were to win the lotto...ahhh...