Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Very Quiet today...

It is the 1st day of school, you can almost hear a pin drop in here...there is wind blowing, at times gusty,moving the chimes outside my bedroom window ever so gently..It is a very cool wind chime, I found it this year and couldn't pass it up. It looks like an old fashioned door knob, the kind on the metal plate, and it uses a skeleton key which of course is what makes the chimes move...such a pretty sound..It is is a lovely 66 degrees here...I'm moving about smartley, I would like to make some more Pesto from the basil in the garden, and I need a few things from Jo-Ann's...but can't decide whether or not I want to go...I have a few things here to keep me busy.
I have an idea floating around in my head...happened quite by accident..you remember the vintage hankies?
and then I wanted to do the matchbox too...and then I crocheted a potholder with the wrong size hook and it came out well in miniature....
so far this is what I have...

WIP

3 comments:

vikki said...

You know you want to go to Joann's!! I am very disappointed though because their thread crochet is so limited.. :(

Mary said...

Faith, that little dress PH is adorable. Did you make the matchbox? I saw tutorial on them once and would love to try making and decorating one. I see the sweetest ones online. Did you crochet the trim on the hankie or napking? It looks gorgeous.
I am not getting out today, it is hot and humid here and I had a migraine beginning so I took my imitrex and will be just hanging around inside today.
Enjoy your day!

pattas said...

Love the things you make :))
Speaking of vintage hankies , I like the corner butterfly, and crinolin lady, so pretty :))