Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Crochet Crinoline Lady...WIP

This color is Terra Cotta, perfect for fall and the changing of the leaves time of year, It is my all time favorite time of year...This will be for the craft fair, and she will be on a wreath either straw or grapevine, adorned with fall ribbon and some flowers.This is the thread I got from Herschners that I mentioned a few posts back. Cooler weather is prevailing here after 2 days of really hot we hit 100 on the heat index,followed by and 88, this morning there is a cooler breeze and it is lovely. I have begun to pull out the fall decorations...and am thinking of the beauty wonderfullness that is fall.

blessings to you all...

6 comments:

Barbara Bradford said...

There looks like such a nice sheen to the yarn... I can't wait to see the finished wreath

Faith said...

Hi Barbara, yes there is, it really is pretty..DMC Terra Cotta....she is coming along..thanks for poppin in.

Mary said...

A pretty color and yes, perfect for this time of year. We hit over 100 on the heat index. It was truly miserable Friday and Saturday. Much better today and I am so glad. Your items are growing for your craft sale. I am sure it will be a really good one. There aren't too many good craft shows in this area. Advertised as craft shows/sales, they are merchandise instead. Sad...Have a wonderful Sunday!

Sandy said...

It sounds lovely, anxious to see it/her as she progresses.

Faith said...

well, the last time I was at the school craft fair as a patron, it was all merchandise and a "few"
crafters, people were walking out
empty handed. That was 2 years ago...we'll see. I was disapointed when I went..not interested in Avon, or Pampered chef, and there was a booth there with something
about tatoos...go figure..Well, at
least I'll have no competition..hee hee....thanks to all who commented.

vikki said...

LOVE that color..good luck on the craft show..