Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

a simple blessing.....

I'm writing this down in my book, the sky this evening was stunning...In some ways it looked like an October sky, and there is a chill in the air. I was not able to get a picture because I had no access to a camera. It was hues of purple, lavender, lilac, and then if that wasn't stunning enough...where the clouds parted away, you know how they get the layers, there was a patch of peach...absolutly gorgeous. I wish I could have gotten a picture for you...maybe in your next of the woods you had a stunner....It never ceases to amaze me, when I see what God can paint or color....it was a blessing.....

                                                Look up! 

5 comments:

Mary said...

Your description was beautiful. I am loving this cooler weather. Outside chores will be done this week. It feels like a Monday instead of a Tuesday. This week is sure to fly by. Hope you have a beautiful day.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my goodness, Simple Things Monday totally flew by me in a blur this week, and I'm sorry I missed it! Did you not set up Mr. Linky, due to the holiday?.. Well, whatever the case, do you have the coffee on? Honestly, I must be getting older and less tolerant, because I've ALWAYS loved the summer best, and I do still love it, in certain ways... But I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO FALL this year, more than ever!!!! The heat has been less and less tolerable for me, and you KNOW I miss baking!!.. Again, hope you had a great holiday weekend. I just sent you an email too, so please watch for that... Got housecleaning to do today, and preparations for a new school year; then maybe I can work on a little crocheting, or scrapbooking.. or maybe BOTH! (0; Well, on that note, gotta run! Thanks for the coffee, and have a great day! ~Lucy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the sunset! "The heavens declare the glory of God..." I saw a beautiful setting sun over the weekend on our way home with my boys. I stopped to take a picture only to discover that I didn't have my camera with me. That dark pink ball hanging in the hazy blue is only in my memory now!

Your friend in PA ~Marianne

Faith said...

Marianne, thank you for stopping, if you have a blog, I'd like to visit..leave me your blog addy...

vikki said...

Me again..August 27th post..look what came in the mail..