Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, September 1, 2011

what is this plant?

It is pretty isn't it...but what it is?  I thought it might be a tomatillo?

I didn't plant this, it may be coming up under the fence from the house next door, or mother nature blew the seed there...pretty color no?

Thank you to the ladies who responded...It appears that this is Chinese/Japanese Lantern..the red flower is so delicate and almost appears to be paper mache like...Now we all know..and by the way I did some reading about it....it is a member of the tomatillo family...those wonderful green tomatoes with the onion skin cover, perhaps you have seen those at the grocery....

4 comments:

Mary said...

It looks like Japanese lantern...

Pam said...

I believe this is a Chinese Lantern.

vikki said...

Japanese/chinese latern..my mom had some of these planted along our driveway when I was a kid. Neat looking isn't it.

Barbara Bradford said...

Just lovely.... I love unexpected visitors in my garden