Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Greetings....



It has surely seemed like a long time since we've gathered by the old fencepost, although I have been keeping up with my reading round the neighborhood...Nothing in particular to chat about today...just stopping in
and chewing the fat..( an odd saying, but one which I have many times growing up.)
On the stovetop today, making minestrone soup...it is simmering on the stove and smells so warm and comforting..a cool perfect fall day for soupy...
In the oven...well almost bread is on the rise..today I doubled up the batch, and will give one to our dear neighbors next door. Always so generous and helping we couldn't have hand picked better neighbors. I'm thinking I will put the bread in one of the scarecrow baskets I crocheted. Miss Elsie..that's my neighbor always sharing bounty from the garden, seeds, tips...and she loves to decorate it up for fall, so I think she will like it, and Mr. Carl  will enjoy the bread no doubt.
Cleaned out my fridge today taking stock of what is needed, and making room for that bread in the freezer..
Tomarrow, I want to go out to the Farmer's Market and get some cabbage, we went Monday but they were closed. Make up some stuffed cabbage..a meal stretcher, and homey comfort food...and the most delish aroma around the old homestead...
And.....I'm on the hunt for Citric Acid...I want to try my hand at making homemade Mozzarella Cheese...
Always into something....( Smile) and happily so..
That is all for now dear friends....moving about simply today.....

3 comments:

vikki said...

Good Morning..homemade cheese? You continue to inspire me to do more..Have a great week..Blessings, vikki

glor said...

Mmmmm, wish I was sitting in you kitchen taking in all those wonderful aromas. Homemade cheese, you are amazing. Glad to see you here at least, you're missed. Blessings.

Bayside Gal said...

Soup is one of my favorite fall meals! You have inspired me to make one of my favorites "French Country Soup". Full of wonderful veggies. I will post it on my blog this weekend while making it. Have a wonderful day!