Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday...is bread day...


Image Detail



I don't have a routine schedule, nothing written down on paper, but rather a creature of habit, and born of necessity. We don't buy bread anymore, except for Rye bread....I have not mastered or ttied that yet... I see that we have 2 loaves in the freezer, and this would be a good time to make 4 more loaves, I don't like to run out. So I have deemed Monday bread makin day....at least for today....

What say you girls? Do you work on a schedule? Do you find that it makes life easier? The trouble I have with schedules is that I think they are rigid, what if.....when I wake up on a particular day I don't feel like doing a particular thing?  Sometimes I go where the will takes me, a closet or project which was not on the radar to do at least not so soon, but I feel like doing it now...

Another age or stage issue....stocking up my sturdy pantry, and making sure we have staples. I wouldn't say that it consumes me, but it is something for which I am very conscious. In these times....I think it is prudent to have a few items on hand. Water is something else I would like to stockpile. 

Looking for a really good rye bread recipe seeds and all. In our next of the woods we buy Schwebel Rye
bread..it is the bomb...toast...oh my....good stuff.

Well, enjoy your day....and may it be full of blessings.....  

1 comment:

vikki said...

Hello Faith, can't help you with the rye bread, I am not a scheduled person..I do things when I feel the need. I tend to freak and end up doing anything with a schedule..it is the ADD..Have a great week.