Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, October 21, 2011

Repurpose, Blog Hop, & Sharing...


    



My MIL gave us this bread tray, she is downsizing. I initially thought I would just donate it to a charity
organization, what would I do with it? As I too am downsizing a bit and reviewing what to keep myself. I had it in the box for about 1 week, and then it dawned on me to use it for Fall display and it looks lovely.

The little scarecrow I've had since we were first married, and the beautiful Indian corn we bought on a ride out in the country one year, I pack it away and bring it out every year ( Smile)..and now the lovely tray.  Don't you love unpacking your special holiday pretties? It is joy for me to open the boxes every year, even though you know what it is in the box, it still brings me joy...

Yesterday, I sent the boys next door with a fresh loaf of bread, and one of my homemade Crochet Scarecrow baskets, which I have blogged about. Our neighbors, always blessing us with goodies, vegatables from the garden , sharing jelly handpicked and lovingly made. All the time...sharing sharing sharing....I wondered what I could do to share back, for they have everything and don't require anything...and yet
the little scarecrow so touched her heart, she called to thank me and said she would treasure it for a long time, and that it will always be special to her. She completely understands the "handmade/homemade" and how special it is..Her thanks warmed my heart.We were all blessed...

I hope that YOU will be blessed this day....
Please stop by and Visit with Deborah Jean on the Friday Farmgirl Bloghop....

2 comments:

Mary said...

The tray is perfect for your fall display. I am not into the Halloween decor but I do love the fall things and this is so pretty. What a wonderful story of the kindness between you and your neighbor. Anything hand or home made from the heart is so special. Hope you have a beautiful fall day.

Sandy said...

Nicely done on all counts. Must scroll around to find a picture of your scarecrow basket, sounds so cute.